Vitamins C, E Ferulic Acid Face serum
Vitamin C face serums can effectively be absorbed through the skin and in order to achieve full skin promoting benefits, a vitamin C serum should be a part of your daily skin regime.
Topically applying Vitamin C protects our skin cells from oxidative stress and free radical damage caused by pollution, smoking and solar radiation.
Oxidative stress is when your skin is exposed to toxic environmental factors. The lack of clean oxygen suffocates your cells and leads to the formation of sunburn cells and irregular cell cycle division. Free radicals are the unstable molecules in your skin that are reactive to the oxidative stress. Free-radicals cause damage to your DNA, proteins, and cell membranes and manifest photo-damage, photo-ageing, and also skin cancer.
Vitamin C is the most powerful antioxidant for neutralizing the formation of free radicals in the skin. Clinical studies have proven that applying vitamin C to the skin will actually improve all parameters of photo-damage and reduce the risk of skin cancer. L-ascorbic acid is the most biologically active form of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C serum is essential for:
- Skin Collagen Biosynthesis
- Inhibition of collagen breakdown
- Stabilisation of collagen fibres
- Inhibiting the biosynthesis of elastin. (elastin is the enzyme that degrades elastic fibres in the skin causing photodamage.)
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Anti-pigmentation effect
- Skin Management Vitamin C E Ferulic innovative antioxidant concentrate uses 12% pure L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), 1% alpha tocopherol (vitamin E) and ferulic acid to diminish and prevent visible signs of aging and photodamage. It neutralizes free radicals, shields against UV damage and enhances collagen production. It also conditions and brightens the complexion for improved beauty. This exceptional formulation is perfect for protecting all skin types, excluding highly sensitive complexions. 60ml